Thursday, June 19, 2008

My First Meme!

The Page 123 meme . . .

I got tagged by Janet.

The rules (tweaked to my liking)

1. Pick up the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

From The Grapes of Wrath:

"Then what'll we do?" Uncle John asked.
"We go in like the law says an' they'll come out for him. We on'y got a hundred an' fifty dollars."

Here are my favorite 3 quotes:

How can you frighten a man whose hunger is not only in his own cramped stomach but in the wretched bellies of his children? You can't scare him--he has known a fear beyond every other.

In the souls of the people the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage.

Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there...I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad an'-I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry an' they know supper's ready. An' when our folks eat the stuff they raise an' live in the houses they build-why, I'll be there.

I'm tagging:

My Ice Cream Diary

Story Girl

Darla

Nature Nut

Edited to add:

Karla, consider yourself tagged!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'll have to try this!

Darla said...

Thanks for the tag, Sarah! I'll post mine tomorrow.

Janet said...

Well done! I have always found Steinbeck difficult, though I did enjoy "To a God Unknown."