Monday, June 23, 2008

In other news...

Click here. No really, click. Just in case you're not clicking (you're so stubborn!) there is a man living in Frankenmuth, MI that is trying to get the city to remove a cross from their city seal. This guy is an absolute dingleberry. Yes, that's right. You guys may disagree with me on this, but Frankenmuth is (or was, when I lived in Michigan) one of my favorite places to visit. It's religious symbols are just one way they display part of their heritage. I'm surprised he didn't say the waiters in the Bavarian Inn wearing lederhosen is discriminatory against non-Germans.

I do not agree with the some of the townspeople ostracizing him, but I do wonder what would possess an atheist to willingly move to a town that is so openly expressive about their religious history.

3 comments:

Janet said...

That is interesting. He says he moved there to be close to family, but it seems like other towns in the region would have fit that bill. I kind of agree with him on the one hand - why on earth would you put a bunch of crosses on a bridge? But messing with the city seal is ludicrous.

Suldog said...

Thanks once again for visiting my place. I see you've linked me. Huzzah! I am returning the favor, any moment now.

I've never understood those who get so bent out of shape concerning religion or religious symbolism. Live and let live. And if it doesn't cause you actual harm, what's the problem?

Unknown said...

I will never understand. There are bigger (or maybe real is a better word) issues in this world that need people's attention!