Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Deer in the Headlights

My husband and I are weird, yes I know this. We have this thing where we'll just be sitting together, minding our own business, or maybe he'll just walk through the room where I happen to be and then it happens. He turns into a deer in the headlights. He'll just look at me with this wide-eyed, terrified look and I'll know, I've got to chase him. He's the antelope, I'm the lion and I've got to catch him or die trying.

See? Weird, I told you.

So anyway, the other day, he was getting ready to take a nap (in between church services on Sunday...preaching really takes it out of you) when suddenly, I became the antelope. So I fly off the couch and start running with all my might when the lion suddenly leaps and tackles me on the floor of our recently emptied dining room. I landed hard on my hip and now have a ginormous bruise to show for it. Or not to show, I AM a little modest. I'd take a picture to share with the world if I weren't so dern modest...poor little antelope.

No comments: