Friday, August 29, 2008

An Ill-Gotten Meme

My Life - The Movie

I stole this meme from Poetic License.

This meme is a great way for me to imagine what's going on in my life playing out on the big screen. So here are...The Rules!

If you had to select celebrities/actors to play the parts in the story of your life today (including yourself!), who would it be and why - this can be based on looks or personality.

1. List the people who would play you, and the key people in your life.
2. Give credit to the person who tagged you.
3. Tag four new people to participate.

Mom - Mariska Hargitay - Something about this lady has always reminded me of my mom. She plays a detective on Law & Order: SVU who's compassionate and hard-working, not to mention beautiful.

Dad - Steve Carell - If you completely wipe every thought of Michael Scott out of your mind, my dad could be Steve Carell. He's funny and a man dedicated to his family. He's even got the same nose!

Jeri (my best gal here in the Southland) - Tichina Arnold - This would be Tichina Arnold the "Little Shop of Horrors" version, not the crazed "Martin" version. She's a woman who speaks her mind and doesn't hold back.

Me - Jodie Foster - This woman presents herself the way I'd like to be seen: poised, articulate, talented and respected.

Steve - James Roday - This selection is because of Steven's man-crush on Shawn Spencer from "Psych." He'll say there's no man-crush involved, but when a man who says the best movie ever made is "The Lion King" suddenly says he respects someones work as an actor, there's a little man-crushing going on.

From a conversation heard recently in our house:

Sarah: You really love James Roday, don't you?!
Steve: I really respect him as an actor.
Sarah: You love him! You've got a man-crush!
Steve: Well, you've got a woman-crush on Jodie Foster.
Sarah: Well, at least she's gay!

Yeah, we're real mature around here.

Ooh, I almost forgot the tagging!

1. Suldog, simply because he reminds me of the joys of telling someone else what to do.
2. Ryan
3. Karla
and hmm, I don't know how about
4. Janet

5 comments:

Janet said...

Yay! I love memes, and this one is FABULOUS! Jodie Foster is my fave too, back when Silence of the Lambs came out and she was suddenly a brunette with a Southern accent, people said I looked like her. :)

Mozi Esme said...

Cute meme! I think Jodie Foster is a good match!

There is an award on my blog for you.

Suldog said...

Well! This is certainly an interesting meme. Thanks for the tag. I may or may not get to it this week, but I'll definitely keep it in mind for as soon as I can get to it. Should be fun.

Suldog said...

Well, I kinda-sorta did the meme. Stop by and you'll see what I mean...

Ice Cream said...

Hee hee. Ha ha. Bwahahaha.

Ok, your conversation with your hubby has me cracking up on several layers.