Saturday, August 2, 2008

I may be setting myself up for disaster...

If I continue my mini-tradition of posting a birthday tribute to my family members, eventually (it would stand to reason) there will be someone that I just don't like know well enough to fill up a post with their praises. Ah well, I guess I'll just go until I fail. Without further ado, here is:

Happy Birthday, Steven!

Steven is my one true love. Awwww (or "ick", whichever you prefer). Without him, we would have un-vacuumed floors, wrinkly clothing and miscellaneous insects and critters.

When we had a snake in our dining room in Kentucky, Steven was the brave one who wrestled it into a Wal-mart bag and out the door (after I frantically googled it to ensure no deadly fangs would pop out).

We've been married seven years. Or is it eight? That's another thing, Steven is the keeper of the anniversaries. I have no idea when we were married or what time. I only remember it was cold. Ah ha! December 2nd. If it weren't for him, birthdays would be forgotten and family members would cry. If it weren't for him, I'd have no idea what time to get up for church or what time to leave the house to be at the Waffle House by 6:00.

He's a computer GENIUS! He recently built us a new computer and was generous enough to let me say I helped.

He's got perfect eyebrows, a beautiful smile, and a great sense of humor.
He's loves kids and animals and isn't afraid of anything. Except cooties.

He's my Steevert, and if you hurt him, you're goin' down.

I love you, baby. Happy 28th.

2 comments:

Mozi Esme said...

Sounds like a wonderful guy! Happy birthday!

Janet said...

Great cake. Happy birthday, Steve! (Holy cow you guys are young. Or maybe I'm just old.)