Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Perfect Job!

After a particularly wretched day at work, I've finally found it!

(Cue trumpet fanfare)

I'm gonna be a hype man! Or, to be politically correct, a hype person. What? You don't know what a hype man is? He's the dude that hangs out behind a rapper and repeats some of the words to keep the crowd "hyped up." Sometimes he adds his own little pearls of wisdom, too, something like "Throw your hands up in the air and wave em around like you just don't care." Yeah, I can do that.

Anybody looking for somebody to stand behind you and agree with everything you say? I'm your girl. Yeeeah.

Funny. I'm searching Yahoo jobs and nobody's looking for a hype girl. Ah well, back to the drawing board. Maybe I can be a dog food tester or an oyster floater. Or maybe the guy who cleans sludge off the Mackinac Bridge...

3 comments:

Jo ~ said...

either I am brain dead or I left a comment and it got lost in cyberspace?

anyway fun post! I guess it would depend on who you wanted to hype up. Me? I'm looking for a sponsor so I can tell them to take this job and shove it! yep, it's been a long day...

and one of these old days...

I'm taking my act on the blog road!

Janet said...

Sounds like a plan. You're more than welcome to stand behind me, but since I'm unemployed I can't pay you anything, so I don't think it would be as fulfilling as it might otherwise.

Woman in a Window said...

Ohhh, don't do the Mackinac Bridge thing. Very windy. Stick with the hype man. Something will come your way.