Thursday, January 7, 2010

And now!

...an update.

for a summary of 2009, here's an excerpt from my Christmas letter:

Oh, what can be said about 2009? We lost a grandpa and two dear members of our church family. We gained a sister and a nephew. We worked and played and traveled and visited family. We cooked and ate and went to church. We got root canals. We saw the real, live Topol in “Fiddler on the Roof” and enjoyed watching “The Wizard of Oz” at the Orpheum. We talked to crazies both near and far away. We gorged ourselves on Memphis barbecue and treats prepared by the church ladies. We blogged and played video games and read books and debated with anyone who’d listen. We played air hockey. We preached and taught Sunday School and visited people in the hospital. We went to a marriage retreat and got completely and utterly spoiled. We got beat up and robbed in a Meijer’s parking lot. But we’re okay! We celebrated nine years as an old, married couple. Nine years! Has is really been that long?

Above all, we’ve been tremendously and overwhelmingly blessed. Thank God for His mercy toward us.


---

The Wizard of Oz was great. We ate delicious salmon beforehand and the singing and acting and effects were very well done. No one beats Judy Garland, but that's beside the point. Happy anniversary to us.

---

I baked cookies and fudge and caramels for the church ladies (and church fellas, too). Fourteen hours in the kitchen yielded enough yumminess to serve the entire church. It was fun. Here's hoping nobody dies of food poisoning and I can do it again next year!

---

We went to Michigan to spend Christmas and New Year's Day with the family. A wet and rainy and slick holiday. A great time. Visiting with old friends, presents galore and bringing in the New Year with noise and food. Lots of food. And a Snuggie!

---

I got my hairs cut! I went from this:



to this:



I highly recommend it. What better way to start a new year than losing a quick couple of pounds?

---

Coming soon:

Brian Regan

and

A roast! Check me out Sunday over at Eddie Bluelights place. Little ole me is getting roasted. Hopefully I can smuggle in some ice cubes...

10 comments:

Unspoken said...

Nice to meet you!

Unspoken said...

Here from Eddie's Roast.

Anonymous :) said...

I like your blog. Count me in.

Debbie said...

Enjoyed your roast and your blog!

Eddie Bluelights said...

Like your hair, Sarah, and thanks for writing the roast ~ Eddie

Joanna Jenkins said...

I'm stopping over from Eddie Bluelights. Thanks for the terrific interview.

Your blog is fun and fresh and your writing is terrific. Oh, and your hair is GORGEOUS!

I'll be back again soon.

jj

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful letter...beautiful hair...beautiful lady! Happy New Year~xoxox

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Dearest Sarah, Your hair looks so gorgeous!!! I love the swingy-ness!!! And you have had a brilliant year...in spite of the robbery :-( So sorry to hear about that...Just came by to congratulate you on your fabulous Roast!!! You did such a wonderful interview!!! And I must thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words about me...I was incredibly surprised, humbled, and overwhelmed!! Truly, truly grateful to you!!! I have been so delighted to meet you this year, and love your blog so much that your words meant more to me than you'll ever fully appreciate!!! So looking forward to 2010 with you!! Congratulations also on 9 years!!! You are an amazing couple!!! Love to you! Janine XO

Rosaria Williams said...

I came in from Eddie's. Congratulations. Happy to meet you.

Jackie said...

I LOVE your new 'do'!! It looks great! I could use to lose a few pounds, myself...so, I'm gonna let mine grow and cut it!
I love your blog...and I enjoyed reading this one tonight. Your year has been 'full' hasn't it, my friend. I'm glad that you survived the 'mugging' ...and I am very happy to have you as a blogging friend. Congratulations on your roast. Have a wonderful 2010, my friend.
Smiles from Jackie