Saturday, August 21, 2010

Life is Good

I'm not dead, just drugged. Or at least I WAS drugged.

I have always been an introvert, a social-phobe, a hermit. I saw my doctor on a particularly bad day and she prescribed anti-anxiety medication. Other than causing me to gain about 30 pounds, I never noticed a difference in my behavior. Well, maybe some zombie-ism. My imagination dried up and blew away. Hence, no blogging. Also, no cooking (at least nothing to stretch my brain), very little reading and a lot of sleeping. Now, a year later, I am proud to be drug free. I am still shy, still socially awkward and still hyper-vigilant, but I'm here. Biking to try and combat this ridiculous weight and hoping to be back to blogging.

And I made delicious Italian Vegetable Stew today...

2 comments:

Eddie Bluelights said...

Hi Sarah
I am so glad (and relieved) you are back and OK. I am sorry for the nasty experience you went through.
I used to be very shy (you wouldn't believe it now would you?).
You have a lot of friends out here and we all support you.
Please email whenever you wish, meanwhile I have written some silly things which might amuse you.
I had a total hip replacement op in Feb and now 6 months down the line I am much much better.
My very best regards and please call round for a cup of tea or coffee whenever you wish ~ Eddie

Sniffles and Smiles said...

So glad you are back!!! I've really missed you!!! Sorry about the meds...but glad you are back to yourself!!! Love you!! Janine XO