Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Question. And an update, too.

Is my brother-in-law's wife my sister-in-law?

-----

You may have noticed that I was gone for a while. Here's what I've been up to.

My parents came for a visit! Yay, parents! I whooped my dad at Wii Tennis yet again. Are you surprised? Also. Bean soup and fresh bread. Yum.

Steven's brother, Chris and Chris's wife, Amanda had their second baby. Welcome to the planet, Landin!

Steven's grandpa passed away, prompting a quick trip to Michigan. I knew him to be a good man. The first time I met him, he had my shy little introverted self sitting on his lap within about five minutes. He always remembered who I was even though we only got to see each other once or twice a year. I'll never forget his cry of "Sarah!" when I walked into his house after his wife died. That and his pipe. That ever-present, sweet smelling pipe.

Mini Thanksgiving dinner with the family. A lovely time.

My dad and I found a real, live, honest-to-goodness air hockey table! Yes, really! You've have to wait for the pictures of that blessed event. Mom?

Roughhousing with the nieces and nephews. Macaroni necklaces, sword fights and Little Shop of Horrors. Good times.

5 comments:

Sniffles and Smiles said...

The BEST!!!! What a wonderful family you have!!! I'm almost envious ;-) Welcome home! You've been missed!! ~Janine XO

Jo ~ said...

hi Sarah, its always nice to have family, even better if and when some of them leave!

Poor Dad, one of these days he'll whip ya at Wii tennis! Congrats you're a new auntie too! sweet!

Take care.

Eddie Bluelights said...

What a lovely family you are Sarah - love the dad/daughter relationship - I can see you love him to bits but you have a lot of fun as well.
Glad to have you back and welcome home - love visiting ~ Eddie

Suldog said...

My sincere condolences concerning Steve's Grandpa. He sounds like a sweet guy.

Sandi McBride said...

Nothing like the memories we make with family...absolutely nothing!
Sandi